Adult-Use In Illinois
What You Need To Know
Who may purchase cannabis through the Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act?
- Adults 21 years of age or older.
Valid PHOTO Identification Includes:
- * State issued driver’s license
- State issued identification card
- Passport (for age verification only)
*All of the above forms of ID must show photo of patient/purchaser, be unexpired, and reflect date of birth.
How much may a purchaser possess through the Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act?
Illinois residents over the age of 21 may legally possess:
- 30 grams of cannabis flower
- 500 mg of THC in a cannabis-infused product
- 5 grams of a cannabis concentrate
Non-Illinois residents over the age of 21 may legally possess:
- 15 grams of cannabis flower
- 250mg of THC in a cannabis-infused product
- 2.5 grams of cannabis concentrate
Illinois does not recognize out of state Medical Cardholders but you are allowed to shop as a recreational purchaser if 21+